Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just what I needed.

Little blog o’mine - It has been a whole two and a half weeks since I have filled this page with my words. Life gets busy or I get lazy… one or the other ... or maybe it’s a combo of both.
Yes, it is a combo of both. 
 
Okay, on the good stuff.
A couple weekends ago I went to visit Sasha & Sydney for a girls weekend.  Mike, Sasha’s husband was out of town for work, so it was perfect to have a girls weekend.  I was excited when she initially invited me up, and as long as the weather held up - I was so there. And, the weather couldn't have been greater.
Blue skies and sunshine all the way up.
Interstate 5
It was nice to get out of town for a couple days.  Especially to visit with my bestie and niece that I don't see nearly enough.  Sydney has grown so much, it is crazy how fast babies grow. She turned 9 months old while I was there! It was great to see them both in their own environment, Sasha is a great momma & Sydney is such a good baby.  It is amazing to see their bond. Its just like a what a mom and daughter should be like, only it's better.

How could this face not make you smile?!
Sitting pretty.

Sydney & Auntie!

Sydney is a little eating, crawling, talking machine. Man oh Man, she is so cute.
And, that smile of hers, it is just infectious.
 
What a beautiful smile she has!
Playing with mom and auntie before bed!
How adorable are those pajamas? Not as adorable as she is!
We also did a little shopping while I was visiting, we went to this really cute outdoor shopping area in Hillsboro called Streets of Tanasbourne. 'The Streets' had major stores and cutesy boutiques. It was nice to walk around and do a little window shopping (and inside shopping), although it didn't last long, because it started to rain. Rain in Portland, weird right? So we hopped back on one freeway, to another freeway, then finally another freeway and back to Sasha's we went. Seriously, I don't know how you big city people do it with the traffic and freeways.  Power (and sanity) to ya. ; )
 
Later that night, we had a great girls dinner at the Claim Jumper. 
Sydney was little miss sociable and wanted to talk to everyone. It was cute.
 

At Claim Jumper

After Syd went to bed that night we broke out the wine and a slice of heavenly cake from the Claim Jumper. It is called Chocolate Motherlode Cake. While we were waiting for our check, Sasha was looking at the calorie menu… yeah, not such a good idea. Do you know how many calories this thing had in it??? 2768 calories! And, 54 grams of saturated fat. Seriously, crazy.  Luckily we only had a slice each of the “slice”. Paired with some Rose Jolee and it was a perfect end to the day. While watching ER:NY. That stuff is cray. It was fun to stay in and just chat, like friends do. Its good for the soul, ya know?
Looks delicious, right? It was.
It was nice to take a mini vacation.  I came back to work that following Monday very refreshed. Sometimes, I think that it's better to take a couple days off and free your mind of everyday troubles and stresses. Yay for friends who can make your mind escape everything that is going on. Thank you friend, I had a blast, and you were, as always, a great hostess. I miss you!
 
Hope you all are having a great week!
xo-Lindsay
 
My sister is celebrating reaching 100 followers by giving away a $25 Etsy gift card to one lucky reader!
Enter here
See, your night just got a little bit better, am I right?!

3 comments:

I'd love to hear from you! Leave your blog address so I can check out your blog too!!

Thanks for stopping by,
~Lindsay