Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Fun.


Don’t you all love random spur of the moment unplanned day outings? 
I sure do.
My friend Jenni texted me this morning and wanted to know if I wanted to go to lunch, I said of course, then she suggested we go out to Jacksonville, have lunch and walk around the cute town.  I am so glad she suggested that, it was nice to do something fun and relaxing after a stressful and eventful work week.

Jacksonville is an old historical 1850's gold rush town.  It is now a tourist town and a national historical landmark.  There is tons to do and see.  Its main street, California Street, is full of cute little shops and delicious restaurants.  Its so nice to be in a cute little quaint town only 10-15 minutes away from the city.
California Street, Jacksonville, Oregon
California Street, Jacksonville, Oregon

There is nothing better than catching up with a good friend over a delicious lunch, then walking around a cute historic town with darling little shops...
We started off with lunch at The Bella Union. Jenni & I sat outside on the patio that was completely shaded with by a 100+ year old wisteria vine. A super cool atmosphere.  I had a ‘Re-loaded Baked Pototato’ and Salad. It was delish!

This pic doesn't do it justice, but it was heavenly!

I am one of those people that say this… so when I saw this, I had to share! I wasn’t brave enough to try it, but I am curious what it tastes like….
Blah Blah Blah

The shops are super cute and have anything and everything you could think of and even some stuff that makes you think, “Who thinks of these things?”
I did manage to pick up a few items while out browsing the shops...
These were so cute, I couldn’t pass them up. They had so much to choose from it was hard not to buy them all up. But I thought these coral earrings would look nice for the the approaching fall season.

This pesto looked so good, I had to get it. I can't wait to boil up some pasta and put this on it! Yumm.



Who can pass a rack of outrageous sunglasses and not try them on?
Obviously not us!
You like?
Me & Jenni
 My sunglasses remind me of Austin Powers! lol

This was one of the: “Who thinks of these things?” items…. Jenni bought it for her boyfriend; I can’t wait to hear what he thought of it!

A bacon candy bar... interesting.

We had a nice day out and about.  Thankfully it wasn't too hot and we could finally see the blue sky!! I was starting to forget what it looked like, but luckily the wind blew the wild fire smoke out of our valley last night!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!
~
Lindsay

Funny Weekend Ecard: Dear Weekend, Why do you take so long to get here and leave so soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave your blog address so I can check out your blog too!!

Thanks for stopping by,
~Lindsay